The CHILD-BRIGHT Data Coordinating Centre (DCC) is located at the Women and Children’s Health Research Institute (WCHRI) at the University of Alberta. Our team helps the CHILD-BRIGHT research projects to develop secure, reliable and rigorous systems to collect, analyze and report study data.
We ensure that the research data contributed by you — patients, parents and families — is collected in an appropriate manner, kept private and secure, and used to maximum effect. The time you take to engage in research is invaluable, so we will explore opportunities to make your input go further and produce the evidence needed to create a brighter future for children with brain based disabilities!
We support the research teams by providing the following services:
- Protocol review and data management/statistical analysis planning
- Sample size, power calculations and/or development of randomization schedules
- Database setup and configuration
- Data validation and query management
- Data analysis, reporting and interpretation of results
- Study progress reporting
- Access to different technologies to help capture, analyze, report and visualize their data.